How does a global newsstand at your fingertips sound? If that sounds like something you're interested in, then you're in luck!
We have three great eResources with an abundance of eMagazines and eNewspapers, all FREE with your library card.
Introducing... PressReader, BorrowBox and Libby.
- Libby has over 4,000 publications, in over 20 languages! There are magazines for children through to adults.
- BorrowBox features a fantastic range of magazines across a range of interests.
- PressReader provides unlimited online access to eNewspapers and eMagazines from around the world. Access 7,000+ newspapers and magazines in more than 60 languages, including New Zealand publications.
What types of publications are there?
There’s something to suit everyone! Here are just a few of the magazines available:
- The Insider
- PC World
- Rolling Stone Magazine
- Vanity Fair
- Marie Claire
- Gourmet Traveller
- Men’s Health
- Women's Health
- National Geographic
- The New Yorker
- The Listener
How can I read eNewspapers and eMagazines?
- Libby is available as an Android or Apple app.
- BorrowBox is available as an Android or Apple app.
- PressReader is available as an Android or Apple app.
- All magazines can also be read via a web browser (handy if you're on a PC).
- You'll need to log into each app using your Library card and pin/password.
- Some PressReader publications are only available if you are on the library Wi-Fi so you’ll need to pop in to view them. Check this page for the list of affected publications.
- You’re also able to listen to publications using a screen reader that’s built into the system.
If you need help, please visit our online tutorials here, check out our FAQ page, book yourself in for a Digital Help Drop-In session, or chat to a librarian.