After joining you receive a library card that is valid across all 15 libraries in the Central Otago and Queenstown Lakes districts.
How to join
It’s easy to become a member. There are a few ways to do this:
- Complete our Online Form
- Fill out an online or printed membership form when you next visit the library.
- Click here to download a membership form. You are welcome to print this form and complete it before you arrive at the Library.
You need to provide us with two forms of identification:
- Signed photo identification, e.g. driver's licence or passport (not required for a child membership); and
- Verification of address, e.g. a property rates notice, contract for permanent employment or rental contract or lease, or something with your name and address on it such as a bank statement, or phone account
Membership Terms & Conditions
On applying to be a member on behalf of yourself or a child/dependent you will be accepting the Membership Terms & Conditions of each library.
Click here to view the full Terms & Conditions.
Membership Joining Terms
How many items can I borrow?
- Permanent membership: 50 items
- Temporary membership: 4 items
- Reciprocal membership: 10 items
How much does it cost?
Membership and most borrowing from the libraries is FREE.