After joining you receive a library card that is valid across all 15 libraries in the Central Otago and Queenstown Lakes districts
SPECIAL NOTE: During the COVID-19 lockdown period, patrons are not required to present documentation. Your membership will be approved for a 6 month period and you will receive an email confirmation from your local library. Once our libraries are re-opened, you will be required to bring your Photo ID & Proof of Address into your local branch library and your membership will be completed.
Who may join?
Central Otago or Queenstown Lakes districts ratepayers. Central Otago / Queenstown Lakes Libraries are partially funded by ratepayers.
Permanent residents may also join by providing proof through a long term contract, such as a permanent employment contract or yearlong rental contract or lease.
Temporary membership is available for those residing in the area for more than 6 weeks and less than 6 months.
Reciprocal membership is available to visitors who will be in the area for 1 month or less and who are members of another New Zealand library.
Digital membership is available to permanent and temporary residents and allows for access to online resources only, including eBooks & eAudiobooks, Pressreader and Beamafilm. Photo ID and proof of residence must be submitted by the applicant or a carer to the libraries within 2 weeks of registration. This may be provided in person or via email to the local branch.
Children of permanent residents under the age of 18 are encouraged to join to receive their own membership card and account. However, details of a guarantor who is a library member must be provided.
How to join
It’s easy to become a member. There are a few ways to do this:
- Complete our Online Form
- Fill out an online or printed membership form when you next visit the library.
- Click here to download a membership form. You are welcome to print this form and complete it before you arrive at the Library.
You need to provide us with two forms of identification:
- Signed photo identification: e.g. driver's licence or passport (not required for a child membership); and also
- Verification of address, e.g. a property rates notice, contract for permanent employment or rental contract or lease, or something with your name and address on it such as a bank statement, or phone account
We also require details of an alternative contact person: e.g. someone who knows you but does not live at your address. This is so we can keep in touch with you should you move.
How many items can I borrow?
This depends on the type of membership you have.
- Permanent membership: 20 items
- Temporary membership: 4 items
- Reciprocal membership: 10 items
How much does it cost?
Membership and most borrowing from the libraries is FREE.
See here for our full policies and fees.