Can't find the item you need in our collections?
We offer an interlibrary loan (interloan) service that allows you to access items held by other libraries in New Zealand or overseas, that we don't have in our collection.
You can see what other New Zealand libraries hold in their collections, using the New Zealand Libraries' combined catalogue.
How does it work?
- Any current member of our libraries can request an interloan.
- Books, articles, theses, music scores, DVDs, CDs, and more can be requested.
- Please remember we cannot guarantee delivery as other libraries may refuse to lend an item.
- We will contact you to advise if an item is unavailable. In this case, we may offer to purchase the item and set it aside.
- Interloans cost a minimum of $10 (for Queenstown Lakes members) and $7 (for Central Otago members), to cover the cost of the courier, and are payable when you collect the item.
- Additional costs may be incurred depending on where the item is sourced from. If this is the case, we will contact you prior to ordering in the item.
- The time to fulfill a request depends on the availability of the item at other libraries, as well as the courier service.
- Most requests arrive within one to two weeks.
How do I request an interloan?
Central Otago members
Must contact their local library to request an interloan.
Queenstown Lakes members
Please fill out this form to request an interloan.
Or request an interloan in person at your local branch, by phone or via email.
What happens next?
We will send you an email confirming whether the interloan is from another loaning library. Then when your item arrives we will contact you by phone or email asking you to collect it.