Who can join?
- Central Otago / Queenstown Lakes Libraries are partially funded by ratepayers. Library membership is free for ratepayers of the Central Otago or Queenstown Lakes districts. 50 items may be borrowed.
- Residents may also join for free by providing proof through a long term contract such as a permanent employment contract, or yearlong rental contract or lease. 50 items may be borrowed.
- Free temporary membership is available for those resident in the area between 3 and 6 months. 4 items may be borrowed.
- Reciprocal membership is available to visitors who will be in the area for 1 month or less and who are members of another New Zealand library. 10 items may be borrowed.
- Children under the age of 18 can join if a parent or guardian is a member, or the name of a guarantor is provided.
What do you need to join?
To collect a library card you will need to show proof of your residence (document sent to your address, rates notice or employment/rental contract) or membership at a New Zealand Library and photo identification. After joining you receive a library card that is valid across all 15 libraries in the Central Otago and Queenstown Lakes districts.
Membership Terms & Conditions
On applying to be a member on behalf of yourself or a child/dependent you will be accepting the Membership Terms & Conditions of each library.
Click here to view the full Terms & Conditions.
What does my library card do?
- Borrow and request items from throughout the district
- Borrow and access eBooks, eAudiobooks, online databases, online magazines, newspapers and feature films
- Allows remote access to your account including self-renewals
- Borrow from other libraries and internationally via the Interloan system
- One on one advice from library staff for research and digital assistance