Version Date: 31 May 2022
Thanks for visiting our Libraries website. This is the part of our website where we will explain a few important things to you.
Here you can find out more about:
- Where and how we collect your Personal Information
- The type of Personal Information we collect
- How we use Personal Information
- How we store Personal Information
- How you can access/amend your Personal Information
- How long we hold Personal Information
- Who you can contact for further information about any matter or complaint
Your libraries service is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This Privacy Statement governs the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information by your Libraries.
If we update this Privacy Statement, it will be published to this webpage.
Means either of the library services operated by one or both of Central Otago District Libraries operating as a unit of Central Otago District Council (CODC) and Queenstown Lakes District Libraries operating as a unit of Queenstown Lakes District Council (QLDC)
“you” or “your”
Means you, the individual using our services or our website
“we’, “us”, or “our”
Means either one of the Libraries, who together operate a collaborative library service.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- Directly from you where you register on our website to receive our news and updates about events and services or to access information made available only to registered users
- Directly from you when you complete an application form via this website or in person at a Library branch
Type of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Your name
- Your postal and residential address(es)
- Your cellphone and landline phone number(s)
- Details of your use of our website including the internet protocol (IP) addresses of your computer or mobile device, your operating system and browser type, the location data based on where your user session originated and your browsing behaviour
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To manage your membership, including processing your application.
- To maintain your records with the Libraries.
- To inform you about overdue or requested items.
- To contact you to recover outstanding fines and debts, including, where applicable passing on your information to a third-party debt collection agency.
- To provide you with marketing, event and other communications about Libraries services and events.
- To discuss matters related to your membership with your parent or legal guardian, if you are under 18 years of age.
- To respond to your requests, enquiries or feedback, or for customer care related activities.
- To invite you to participate in surveys for the purposes of seeking feedback on our services or facilities you have used.
Sharing your information
Besides our staff, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Another person or organisation if we are required to do so under any law, or as part of legal proceedings or other investigations. This may include a debt collection agency to recover overdue materials and charges.
If you do not provide us with the personal information that we request from you, we may not be able to complete your application, adequately respond to your requests or inquiries, provide the services or facilities you have requested or process payments on your behalf.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
If you’d like to ask for a copy of your personal information as held by Central Otago District Libraries or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 03 448 9412, or Central Otago District Libraries, P.O. Box 274, Alexandra 9320, New Zealand.
If you’d like to ask for a copy of your personal information as held by Queenstown Lakes District Libraries or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com, 03 441 0600, or Queenstown Lakes District Libraries, 10 Gorge Rd, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand.
For questions or feedback related to this policy, please contact QLDC Libraries at firstname.lastname@example.org, 03 441 0600, or Queenstown Lakes District Libraries, 10 Gorge Rd, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand, or the Central Otago District Council Privacy Officer on +64 3 440 0056 or email@example.com.