Queenstown Lakes District Libraries is partnering up with Southern REAP to offer the community FREE computing classes.
What are the topics?
1. YouTube – Thursday, 05 May
Learn how to search for videos on anything you like – Music, fashion, news, bloopers, how to make things, hobbies and more.
- Sign up for an account
- Searching and favourites
- Uploading and downloading
2. Online Newspaper – Thursday, 12 May
Learn how to use PressReader to keep up with the news globally, nationally, and locally.
- How to download and install the PressReader App (program)
- Touch, tap, swipe, pinch, hold and drag
- Using the PressReader App
- How to close Apps that are running in the background
3. Instagram – Thursday, 19 May
Learn how to use Instagram for sharing photos and videos from your smartphone.
- Creating an account
- Connecting with friends
- Posting photos & videos
- Direct messaging
- Privacy settings
4. Digital Well-being – Thursday 26 May
A workshop for parents to learn about guiding safe online practices for themselves and their whanau.
- Digital devices
- Protecting privacy
- Searching & Researching
- Creating & Sharing
- Social Networking & Gaming
- Communicating safely online
- Reputations & Relationships
- Credits, Coins & Tokens
Where are the sessions held?
Frankton Library Meeting Room
When are the sessions?
All sessions will start at 10.30 am to 12.30pm
What do I need to bring?
- You're welcome to bring your own device or to use one of ours.
- A notebook and pen.
Where can I book?
- As spaces are limited you MUST register for each of the sessions.
- Feel free to attend all the sessions, or whichever ones are of interest (please note that bookings are essential).
- Please call Southern REAP on 0800 111 117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please bring a mask (or exemption card).
- We ask you to keep your mask on and can provide a surgical mask if needed.