What are Digital Classes?
Libraries have partnered with Digital Inclusion Alliance Aotearoa (DIAA) to provide our community with Stepping Up digital classes. There are over 40 courses that we can provide ranging from topics such as Computer Basics, Smartphone, Microsoft Word, Ancestry.com, Photobooks and more!
We have six sessions coming up, you're welcome to attend all of them or just the ones that you will find useful. Bookings are essential, booking details are below.
We also hold Digital Help Drop-ins every Tuesday from 11.00am-12.00pm at Hāwea Library, no need to book for those, please just drop-in.
Hāwea Digital Classes Schedule:
- Tuesday 20 September - Ancestry.com (Library Edition) - 9:00am to 11:00am
- Tuesday 4 October - Facebook - 9:00am to 11:00am
- Tuesday 1 November - Smartphones for Beginners - 9:00am to 11:00am
- Tuesday 1 November - Computer Basics - 5:30pm to 7:00pm
- Tuesday 15 November - Creating a C.V. - 5:30pm to 7:00pm
- Tuesday 29 November - Photo Books using Snapfish - 9:00am to 11:00am
What do I need to bring?
- You're welcome to bring your own device or to use one of ours. We have Chromebooks.
- A note book and pen.
- Anything your course manager has specified you bring.
Where are the sessions held?
We are running these courses at the Hāwea Library.
Please book for each session that you would like to attend.
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay at home.