The Adult Reading Challenge is back!
Winter is the perfect time to snuggle up with a good book so why not tackle that to-be-read pile or step out of your genre comfort zone and discover an exciting new author. Your winter reading could even win you a book voucher!
How does the challenge work?
Read as many books as you like, but for an added incentive, if you:
- Read 6 books, you'll be entered into the draw to win a $25 book voucher,
- Read 12 books and you'll be entered into the draw to win a $50 book voucher, plus
- There's a bonus prize of a $50 book voucher up-for-grabs for the top reader across the district!
How do I participate?
There are multiple ways to join the challenge:
- Pick up a challenge card from your local QLDC library branch;
- Sign up to our brand new Beanstack page here and participate digitally; or
- Download a challenge card here.
Where to start and what to read?
We've prepared a blog with more details on each activity and we also have some suggested reading lists; check it out here.
Challenge Terms and Conditions:
- The challenge begins on 1 June and ends on 31 August.
- To be considered for the book voucher draws, you must read six or 12 books from individual categories; if you read two books about survival, this will only count as one book.
- Books means: hard-copy books, eBooks, and audiobooks.
- The $25 voucher will be awarded to one person in the Upper Clutha and two people in the Whakatipu basin.
- The $50 voucher will be awarded to one person in the Upper Clutha and two people in the Whakatipu basin.
- The additional prize for the most books read will be a district-wide prize.
- Winners for each draw will be contacted in mid-September.
For those participating using the challenge card (from the library or printed at home):
- The challenge cards must be returned to your local library by Friday the 9th of September 2022.
- You can enter more than once by submitting individual challenge cards.
For those participating via Beanstack:
- You will automatically be entered into the draw as you log the correct number of books.
- We will review your books and if you have read enough books to be entered into the relevant draws twice, you will receive two entries into the applicable draw.